The client operates a complex financial risk management system in the financial sector. They require a complex migration of their on-prem production environment to AWS.
In anticipation of continued growth, the client seeks to leverage AWS to accelerate its strategy, and enhance its essential business capabilities. After looking for a strategic consulting partner, the client engaged Digital Edge to assist them with their AWS cloud migration to maximize the benefits of the Cloud.
Digital Edge understood the client’s objectives, and by analyzing the client’s current systems and capabilities in tandem with the expected benefits of AWS, Digital Edge was able to effectively partner with the client to develop their cloud foundation. As a result, Digital Edge was able to build a migration plan that delivered the following benefits:
- Capability and systems inventories.
- Migration Proof of Concepts (e.g., database, app services, financial feeds migration).
- Multi-region design structure (North America, EU, EMEA).
- Migration approach, sequencing, planning, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Architecture patterns for day one and target-state, leveraging best fit and client current strengths including:
- Complex network architecture and multi-VPCs / VPNs / FW Appliances.
- Re-hosting and Re-platforming (EC2, RDS).
- AWS Active Directory implementation for common end-users’ authentication source.
- Scalable compute nodes and storage on-demand in anticipation of increased business needs.
- Reliable failover mechanism in case of a disaster.
- Monitoring plans to include availability, cost, and security using a combination of CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and Digital Edge proprietary tools.
Additionally, we engaged using the DE sustainability framework. Our approach was to ensure our client could continue their cloud optimization post-engagement, creating long-term success. This included on-site collaboration, team protocols, and daily dialog on deliverables using frequent interactions to ensure success.
As a result of this sustainability framework, our client was fully prepared for the migration and well-positioned to move their data securely and efficiently.
With their AWS environment operating smoothly for more than 9 months, the client now looks back on the deployment and realizes the value DIGITAL EDGE was able to provide. In their words, the feedback was clear:
“We could have done it on our own working directly with AWS, but it would have taken at least three times longer,” the client estimates. “We also would have likely made mistakes that would have extended the go-live timeline even further—that’s one of the key reasons for working with cloud experts like the team from Digital Edge.”